Saturday, October 6, 2007

WonderWorks Children's Museum in Oak Park

9/26/07
The kids did not have school today, so we decided to go to Wonder Works.


It is a very small Children's Museum in Oak Park. Max and the other boys his age really liked the ride-on yellow construction equipment.

They have a cute tree house and camping themed area. I really liked the mural painted on that wall.



They had a craft room where the kids could draw and make pencil cases.









The four interactive exhibits were fun; Lights, Camera, Action! (a stage with dress-up), the The Great Outdoors (a tree house and camping area), the Farm to Market area (which my kids really liked, but I thought had seen its day), and North Avenue Art Works (where they have a new craft every week). I don't know if I can recommend this museum. The kids had fun, but there were not enough things to keep them busy for long. It seemed like one big room with old toys scattered around. I think they are trying to expand and build something good for the neighborhood, so you have to respect that. They say it is for kids up to 10 years, but my kids are 5 and 3 and it was just right for them. Most of the kids there were even younger. All in all, it doesn't compare to what's going on at the Navy Pier or Kohl Children's Museums.

No comments: