Saturday, May 31, 2008

Alfred Caldwell Lily Pools

The Alfred Caldwell Lily Pools are considered one of the most important historical landscapes in Chicago.  Originally built in 1889, it was redesigned in the 1930's by Alfred Caldwell in the Prairie Style, inspired by Frank Lloyd wright.  So why have we never been here before?
Memorial Day 5/26/08  
It is such a beautiful and tranquil place.  A real oasis in the middle of the city.  I have seriously walked past this place a million times and never noticed it.  I finally caught sight of it as Max and I were walking to meet Maddie on her field trip the other day.  I remembered that my friend Alison had mentioned this as a favorite place of hers, and now I know why!  I brought the kids back here today and they had a blast hiking around the paths and playing in the waterfalls.  































You can see a little bit of the Prairie Style architecture here in the background.

No comments: