Sunday, July 13, 2008

First Lost Tooth

Madeline lost her first tooth today!  She was so excited.  She came running to me, "I lost my tooth!  I lost my tooth!  I've been hoping for it to come out!"  She has been waiting all year for this moment.  She was really envious of all her friends who had lost teeth before her.
We arrived in Minnesota today to visit Brent, Rebecca, Ethan and Ellen for the Fourth of July holiday.  She was hanging out with cousin Ellen watching a movie.  She said she just wiggled it and it came right out.  Ellen was really sweet and made sure that Maddie wrote the tooth fairy a letter to put under her pillow.

The Tooth Fairy did come, and she left Maddie some coins, a poem, a coloring page and some glittery markers.


Dear Madeline,

When I heard you lost a tooth
do you know what I did?
I made a map to visit you
'cause you're a special kid!

First I found out where you were
and I checked my fairy map.
Then I flew to your bedside
where I saw you brand new "gap."


Of course, I took your worn-out tooth
just like I've always done.
But I've left you something nice instead
to help you have some fun!

Love,


The Tooth Fairy

No comments: