Thursday, September 6, 2007

Chicago When it Sizzles

In case anybody is wondering, the title of our family blog comes from my daughter Madeline's unwavering appreciation of the things we do every day. She is incredibly enthusiastic about life. A while back, she crawled into bed with me in the morning. I asked her if she slept well. Her response was, "Well...Sometimes I can't sleep very much at night because I am so excited for what the next day will bring." She is straight out of an Audrey Hepburn movie! (Paris When it Sizzles.) I love it! Since our move back to Chicago, every day has been "the best day ever", she refers to the summer as "the best summer ever", and consequently I am "the best mom ever!" I'll take that title any day. I have decided to start this blog at the urging of a few friends and my sis. I'll post a bunch of things about our summer to catch everyone up on what we have been up to, and then I geuss we'll see if I can keep this thing going after that...

No comments: